[dba-Tech] Port 80 puzzle

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 13:59:36 CDT 2013

Yes. Am awaiting a response as to how to edit the XML file that defines the
AppServer configuration. Given their previous response times I expect a
reply within today.

A.

P.S.
I love the Alpha software and the team behind it. They are so quickly
responsive that it feels like I'm in the same room and chatting over the
cubicle wall. I have no financial interest in this team, but I have to say
that I have never enjoyed a better relationship with a product team than
since the days of DOS and Clipper. I became friends with the Clipper team
and wrote a couple of books about Clipper development, and as time went on
became part of the Russell fa(Brian Russell conceived the compiler and
wrote its core; Rich McConell and Kevin Sheperd wrote most of the hard-core
stuff, but it was Brian's vision that created Nantucket and the Clipper
compiler, which triumphed overwhelminglyin that environment. I suspect the
same will hold tfor Alpha Anywhere. No other product comes close. This baby
blows the doors off every available competitor, including the finest from
MS and Oracle. Their products don't begin to approach the power and simple
development environment of Alpha Five; These guys Rock!

Arthur