[dba-Tech] Port 80

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Wed Aug 14 21:33:10 CDT 2013

Hi Arthur,

If you were using Linux or OSX, I'd be able to help. Windows is a beyond my domain these days. I'd have to google it. :)

But, if I were you, I'd open up task manager and shut tasks down until i found the culprit.

And if that doesn't reveal the sucker, then might it be possible that you might be infected with a virus/trojan that is trying its best to hide?

What happens when you try to visit http//localhost in a web browser on that machine? If something has attached itself to port 80 and is listening, you should get a reply and hopefully some output to help identify what process is using that port.

- Hans