[dba-Tech] Way OT but I love you people so I'm posing the question.

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 10:21:41 CST 2013

Jim,

I can only speak from personal experience, and that is not much evidence.
But something strange has happened to me in the past year. A bit of
back-story first. I am 66 years old and have previously declared myself
semi-retired. I love in Canada. My last three contracts have all been with
firms in the USA. Granted that the USA comprises about 90% of the
continental economy, this is hardly a position on which to bet. But the
point I am trying to make here is that I have way better luck with
obtaining contracts with American firms than Canadian. I cannot explain why
that is. One of the last three derive from a book I wrote about MySQL. The
other two happened because of my involvement in AccessD and DbaSQL.

You should understand that this is not a complaint.I just find it
interesting that Americans are interested in hiring me but Canadians are
not. I have no idea why this is the case.

Arthur