[dba-Tech] FYI: "ReadWrite.com" - Software May Be Eating The World, But Open Source Software Is Eating Itself

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Fri Dec 13 14:30:31 CST 2013

 Hi Peter --

Thank you for your remark. I have just posted the link, I didn't plan to start any discussion on the subject...
I'd say vivacity not vitality and vivacity for me doesn't imply longevity. I suppose this is what the authors mean by "OSS eating itself" - IOW very strong competition in the field of OSS without any guarantee to have any existing OSS program/package/platform/service/API/... to withstand this competition for a long time (What could be counted as a "long time" period is another open question here).
Well, nor authors, nor myself imply that "closed source software" have any stronger "vitality" to guarantee its longevity in this accelerating world...

Thank you.

-- Shamil