[dba-Tech] Attacking iOX instead of Windows

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 4 11:22:05 CST 2013

Windows 8 has been steadily attacked by the entire computer world.

Will it ever get respect? That is a question for future debates; maybe in
five years or so, we can answer that question. It is not all dislike for
Steve Ballmer that has driven the prejudice but he definitely is the
lightning rod.

Here is an article that discusses iOS, and its walled garden...a debate long
overdue but that puts Apple's system into clearer focus:

http://macperformanceguide.com/AppleCoreRot-intro.html

Alternative? Some will say Linux, but that is a not true either. Linux
doesn't have blue screens, ever, just streaming verbiage. ;-) Most things
Linux don't work right out of the box and need some subtle fixing...
tweets... hacks... extensive research... another release.

Aside: What I like about Linux is not its clean cut or its perfectly
manicured lawns (presentations) but the absolute raw energy and its
innovation. It like living in some frontier town...and whether everyone
agrees or disagrees; Linux is the business world and this is where all the
tech makes their money.

So we are stuck with three OSs that are unstable, user hostile and
restrictive in different ways but if you are working in the tech field, pick
your poison, tell your customers to quit whining and don't tell them the
truth (that they are lucky to get something that actually works). ;-)