[dba-Tech] Run your favourite WindowsapplicationonanAndroidtablet?

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 5 23:46:15 CST 2013

Hi Stuart:

It use to be that Linux was strictly the preserve of free OSS but not any
more. In the latest version of Ubuntu 12.04 (there is actually a 12.10 but
it is just too close to the bleeding edge), things are changing.

You can download software for free or pay from $10.00 up to $2,800.00...an
SAP package through Ubuntu's vetted Software Center process.

I believe this policy will attract more companies to port their packages to
Linux. If PowerBASIC can make the jump that will open up a lot of doors into
the business world. I will look forward to that so keep me posted.