[dba-Tech] FYI: Moving to "nirvana": if Microsoft were to shift to WebKit, you can thank Opera.

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 14 02:50:52 CST 2013

Hi Shamil:

I must say I am a little sad to see Opera finally forced into accepting the
changing of the tide. They put up the good fight though.

I believe, in the new browsers of today exists some of the finest coding
ever created. Considering that someone just lifted the V8 engine out of
Chrome (Chromium) product, encapsulated it and made the worlds fastest web
server (Node.js), speaks to just how optimized the code is. All of today's
browsers are similarly perfected.

IMHO, the browser will be the final OS...but I still like my desktop better.