[dba-Tech] FYI: Moving to "nirvana": if Microsoft were to shift to WebKit, you can thank Opera.

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Thu Feb 14 03:21:37 CST 2013

 Hi Jim --

Yes, it's always sad when so good technologies as Opera HTML rendering/JavaScript interpretation engines have to "die": if only there could be a way for all the mainstream browsers to follow the same HTML/CSS/JavaScript standards and still compete effectively and "innovate independently"...

Sorry, I have to disagree :) - *browsers will not be the final OS* - not that I like that much my (Windows) desktop but the current mobile development shows the trend IMHO: the browsers will be just an option, it could happen they (browsers based applications) will "cover" the (very) large part of the applications market but native mobile/desktop applications will always exists/be ahead just because common standards will not be able to go ahead of "never ending (native/mobile) applications innovation race"...

-- Shamil