[dba-Tech] How to remove Malware

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Feb 17 03:42:52 CST 2013

Hi John

Right, I haven't seen a machine yet that wasn't cleanable by combined use of TrojanHunter, AntiMalwarebytes, CrapCleaner, and the like. But once it took most of a day at a client where they had been browsing for all sorts of video stuff on doubtful sites - and no antivirus.

Contrary to the article, I've found that no single "method" is valid. Machines and infections are just too different. Your best method is experience and intuition and patience combined. Your first milestone is to stop the malware from reinstalling itself, which often is a challenge. From that point it is quite easy.

But the twist is, that often this sport doesn't pay off. Reinstall takes a given and certain amount of time with the added bonus that the machine is cleaned from other things as well.

/gustav

>>> john at winhaven.net 17-02-13 1:02 >>>
Let's just throw our arms and the air and give up! Wow, not really buying into that paranoia.