[dba-Tech] FYI: Moving to "nirvana": if Microsoft were to shift to WebKit, you can thank Opera.

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sun Feb 17 12:59:41 CST 2013

 Hi Jim --

OK, you say: "Browser based applications will be a majority in the future",
and I say: "Mobile and desktop applications will be a majority in the future".
In both cases we're talking about UI/UX parts of applications with their server/cloud/web services/distributed workflows/... parts running outside of front-end devices.

Thank you.

-- Shamil

Суббота, 16 февраля 2013, 18:26 -08:00 от "Jim Lawrence" <accessd at shaw.ca>:
>Hi Shamil:
>
>I am not judging your opinions I am just noting the trends.
>
>Browser penetration will never be ninety nine percent of the market but it
>will be the majority of it. Of that I have no doubt.
>
>OTOH there will still be a many small niche markets available and these will
>be there for sometime. If you are doing well in a particular discipline
>there is really no reason to abandoned it...in fact some of the less
>competitive business areas might be more stable and profitable.
>
>In fact...I make money from a market so small that in the event of my real
>retirement, the companies I service would be in a serious position...there
>is probably not a dozen specialized techs like me in the country. I fully
>plan to move all of the clients to a more standard platform before I take
>that year long holiday. ;-)
>
>Jim
<<< skipped >>>