[dba-Tech] FYI: Moving to "nirvana": if Microsoft were to shift to WebKit, you can thank Opera.

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Mon Feb 18 02:53:54 CST 2013

 Hi Jim --

That's a good article, thank you for the link. AFAIU it states that web apps (HTML5/CSS/Javascript) and hybrid apps will be the majority apps in the future. I'd still doubt they will - as IMO they will always be following some distance behind "A Whole New World Of Mobile Markets: Cars, Photos, TVs, Wallets And More" (http://techcrunch.com/2013/02/16/which-markets-are-too-crowded-too-early-and-just-right/).

BTW, MS Web Browser Control Automation/DOM API interfaces represent an advanced option to develop hybrid apps.

Thank you.

-- Shamil