[dba-Tech] A Week With Nothing but the Surface Pro

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 21 12:55:25 CST 2013

Hi Shamil:

That review is a good and fair over-view.

He loves the Pen (so would I) and the connectivity but finds issues with the
battery life and the default of too little RAM (Max RAM to start).

I am surprised to see that all the standard packages, mostly not Microsoft's
run on this computer. It is also good to see that Steam Software runs there
as the company's owner had so many issues with how MS controlled their
software store.

The connectivity is great but hardly unusual. I use an old Toshiba Satellite
to manage all my local and remote servers and desktops with little trouble
and if he is a Linux user his experiences should hardly be different.

But in summary, I think it was a fair assessment of the product and the
Surface Pro is far from shabby.