[dba-Tech] Repairing the Surface Pro

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 23 11:04:22 CST 2013

Hi John:

PITA, you will have disagreement from me.

The last note book I took apart had a good 40 screws and 8 different sizes
and that was just to remove the back. I always lay a sheet of graph paper
out on the desk and draw and number all the holes given the associated screw
codes, making note of the disassembly order as there is no standard and try
to remember to pay special attention so as not to lose those little plastic
wedges.

I would like to think that these new tablets should be at least as
serviceable as any cell phone.