[dba-Tech] IE10 for Windows 7 Globally Available for Consumersand Businesses

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Feb 27 12:59:45 CST 2013

Hi Shamil

On my old Lenovo running Win8:

  IE10:
    IE10: 3.8
    Checker: 14.3
    Island: 5.3

Zero issues.

/gustav

>>> gustav at cactus.dk 27-02-13 12:58 >>>
Hi Shamil

Wow! IE10 is fast.
Here is the HTML5 Minesweeper benchmark:

  http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/Performance/Minesweeper/Default.html

and my results in seconds for setting Huge:

  IE9:
    IE10: 12.6
    Checker: 75.8(!)
    Island: 18.7

  IE10:
    IE10: 1.0
    Checker: 4.0
    Island: 3.9

This explains why my old Lenovo running Win8 with IE10 ran pretty much the same when browsing as my new ThinkStation with Win7 and IE9.

So, if you are a system admin who wishes to gain cheap user credits, update IE9 to IE10 at the soonest.

/gustav