[dba-Tech] 2.0 v. 2.1 PC speakers

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Jan 13 14:01:12 CST 2013

Good thought.

There is no way, no matter how good a PC/Tablet audio system is that can
ever come close to quality and accuracy of a good audio system.

The bad news is, that after the age of sixteen, humans hearing ability
slowly depreciates and the depreciation continues for rest of your life.
That loss is particular pronounced in an lack of ability to separate sounds
and sources like in a crowd or in when listening to complex musical pieces
with many instruments. Regardless, here is a list of what the experts
suggest is the top audio systems, for an entertainment room, of 2012. Some
even boast of being able to enhance the sound separation and direction so
much of the hearing loss can be compensated for.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/best-surround-sound-systems_round-up

The following two items gained a perfect score.
http://www.trustedreviews.com/best-surround-sound-systems_round-up_Page-3
http://www.trustedreviews.com/best-surround-sound-systems_round-up_Page-9

The best of these listed systems run between 800 and 1200 CAN dollars but
they are hardly top tier of this type of product...The other day, in an
audiofile store, looked at just an amp, with no pre-amp and it cost almost
10K but it boasted of being able to produce real (like) 3D sound and being
able to automatically reconfigure it output to compensate for virtually an
room configuration, in real time...frequency from zero to 100K.

It makes the sound quality produced by any iPhone, iPad, Tablet, Smartphone,
or PC seem pathetic. For my money, when possible, a live performance, with
all its flaws and weak location acoustics is hard to beat.