[dba-Tech] database

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sat Jan 26 19:19:35 CST 2013

 Hi Jim --

<<<
 there was no Oracle, Linux, MySQL etc etc...

But Oracle was available already - twenty years ago - in January 1993:

- Oracle -  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oracle_Database

as well as:

- dBase -  http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/DBase
- R:Base -  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R:Base
- Paradox -  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_(database )
- MS Access -  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Access
- dbVista (Raima Data Manager) -  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raima
- ...

Have you used file system "database" that "ancient" times to get your POS software to fit into memory?
Are you still keeping (some of) your POS application system production and history data out of a database?

Thank you.

-- Shamil

Суббота, 26 января 2013, 16:40 -08:00 от "Jim Lawrence" <accessd at shaw.ca>:
>Constraints? What's a constraint? ;-)
>
>What's all that fancty talk...this database is over twenty years old, there
>was no Oracle, Linux, MySQL etc etc...
>
>Jim

<<< skipped >>>