[dba-Tech] Skype compromised?

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 13:58:05 CST 2013

Because I have friends scattered around the world, I typically leave Skype
open and minimized. I've noticed from time to time a red box appear that
purports to be from Skype, suggesting that they want to phone me because my
computer might be compromised. The first time it happened I responded, but
there was no one on the line. Every subsequent time I have declined the
call.

My antivirus software sees nothing amiss.

Has anyone seen this message while running Skype?

--
Arthur
Cell: 647.710.1314

Prediction is difficult, especially of the future.
  -- Niels Bohr