[dba-Tech] For web developers

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Tue Jan 29 18:51:33 CST 2013

I called it tempest in a teapot because you were saying that your inability to find safari for windows in their main search box along with a quip about apple marketing machine as being contributing factors to Apples recently fallen stock prices.

I've been around here for a while, but I've been through a silent stretch because i have nothing to contribute to anything related to Access and there have been heated discussions relating to Apple things that put me off for a bit. Just to give you an example, I once replied to a thread on my iPhone and the first reply I got was a snarky comment about the fact that my iPhone appends the following signature at the bottom on my email:
"Sent from my iPhone"

And other times there will be comments about something to do with macs or iPhones or whatever which are demonstrably incorrect and, if I doth protest, some get suddenly very defensive about it. I get that most of you have very limited experience with apple products, especially the desktop, so I can't help but focus on pointing out when wrong assumptions are made because I do have that experience, but there's no one else here to back me up, so those threads often end up going no where.

So, what is it going to be then? That we can openly talk about things or that we avoid the topic of Apple things altogether?

- Hans