[dba-Tech] It is time to dump MySQL

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 11 18:32:14 CDT 2013

There are many compelling reason to dump MySQL and those reason grow and
become stronger every day. I will predict that within five years only those
developer scared of any future change will still be using the product.

According to some monitoring, MySQL downloads have been dropping at an
incremental increasing rate per year. This year was three percent, next year
may be five or even eight percent and so on. We have not witnessed such a
exodus since IE 6.

Here is a list of five compelling reasons to move on.
http://blog.smartbear.com/open-source/5-reasons-its-time-to-ditch-mysql/