[dba-Tech] Transferring data between desktops (cross posted)

John R Bartow jbartow at winhaven.net
Fri Jul 19 13:04:56 CDT 2013

ditto

-----Original Message-----
From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Gary Kjos
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2013 12:20 PM
To: Discussion of Hardware and Software issues
Cc: Off Topic
Subject: Re: [dba-Tech] Transferring data between desktops (cross posted)

Yes to the external drive being the easiest since you have it on hand..

But you don't have a router and a network set up for all your computers etc
to share your internet connection?

I would normally just copy files across the network from one machine to
another.  Windows has built in file transfer using that.

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Ed Tesiny <eptept at gmail.com> wrote:

> I haven't done this in a long time.  I know I can create a bunch of
> CDs and move the data over but is there an easier way like cabling the
> two together somehow.  Duh, you always get a little smarter when you
> hit the send key. I have a 500 Gb external hard drive and the hard
> drive on my old PC is 150 Gb, so would that be the way to go?
> MTIA,
> Ed

Gary Kjos
garykjos at gmail.com