[dba-Tech] Transferring data between desktops (cross posted)

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 06:35:59 CDT 2013

You have to jump through some hoops to share drives or folders etc. Some
tweaking on each side. Mostly on the source side though. You have to SHARE
the stuff you want to share. With different versions of Windows it can
sometimes seem finicky to get going. The external drive will be the fastest
and easiest for a one time thing. If you wanted to do it more often the
network solution would win out. I've got sharing going between most of my
systems and it's nice to be able to do that. I'm running gigabit network
speed between some of them and that makes a big difference in the time it
takes to do lots of data.