[dba-Tech] Deepin Linux

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 24 02:01:12 CDT 2013

Hi Stuart:

I know your concerns.

Yesterday, I talked my daughter through install Ubuntu 13.04. I handed her the DVD and said follow the prompts and ask me if you have any questions. Other than her being concerned that it was too easy and maybe she had done something wrong it went through flawlessly. Of course I was doing this for fun on a new (very cheap return leased box) PC.

(Note: she has installed various Windows distro like XP, Vista and Windows7 before but this was her first Linux install)

I know there are still people that have a major problems even installing MS Office or any package for that matter...if there is any way to screw up they will but that is because they are have difficulties reading the prompts. ;-) Even my aunt can install Office and she is 88. (She did have us over for supper in case she ran into problems but wanted to do it herself...and no issues.)

If you can talk Susie through installing Windows you can talk her through installing, my current favourite, Ubuntu Linux.