[dba-Tech] W7 in 2GB RAM

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sat Jul 27 20:16:29 CDT 2013

>From the horses mouth:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/system-requirements

If you want to run Windows 7 on your PC, here's what it takes:
    1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
    1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
    16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
    DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

Second question;

It should be fine to run Wordpad, Calc etc it you don't have any AV or other applications
running in the background.

Try to run something like an Office 2010 application and you will be thrashing the hard drive
constantly.

Are you sure that you can't replace the current memory with  2 x 2GB chips?

--
Stuart