[dba-Tech] FW: FW: FYI: Microsoft: Internet Explorer 10 Is The Most Energy-Efficient Browser, Uses Up To 18% Less Power Than Chrome And Firefox

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Thu Jun 6 08:09:19 CDT 2013

He's 16 and a self-described geek. Pretty fair programmer in his own right -
Java, C, LUA. Does the software for the robotics teams at school and got
himself a paid internship at General Atomics, which is close to home, doing
nuclear fusion research - all code - simulations.  And a real BIG Linux fan,
as well.  Sounds like he's on the same track as your boy.  (Popular saying
here: the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.) But enough bragging.

My only experience with IE10 wasn't good.  I have one client whose FE and BE
I maintain on their server.  Remote access was set up by their network guy
and the access did not work in FF.  So I used IE - IE9.  Then I got the
upgrade to IE10 and found that 1) I the remote access work didn't work in
IE10, and 2) I couldn't go back to IE9 without going back to a restore
point.  Eventually I found the toolbar with the Browser Mode selection so I
run ie10 in IE9 mode which I can't figure out how to set as a default so I
have to select it every time I run IE.  PITA.  But all the reviews I've read
of IE10 have been real good. Do you find any compatibility issues with IE10?
Sites that don't work, etc.?