[dba-Tech] Skeuomorphic UIs are dead? Apple to follow MS Win8UI design principles with iOS7?

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 11 10:51:58 CDT 2013

Hi Hans:

The whole problem with the Metro UI was that it was installed on the PC. That was not the environment for it. Phone definitely and tablet maybe but not the PC.

IMHO one UI for everything is just plain silly. Most users of Windows8, just switch to the old UI and continue working which just makes Metro a waste as far as a PC is concerned.