[dba-Tech] The new XBox has been holding the gamer to ransom but

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Wed Jun 12 02:21:40 CDT 2013

You know this argument from some of you reminds me of the early days of the peace process here. Being a nationalist community member the only thing that would have made Unionists happy was if we had stripped naked and marched to Downing Street on our Knees. No matter what was offered or done it made little to no difference to some of them?

I get the same feeling here. No matter what MS do or don't do it will never be enough for some of you. Well other than going out of existence. I really cannot see what the problem is with this company that makes people hate it so much.

Personally I don't care what software we use. The strategic direction we have taken is MS. So what! It does what it says it will do and for us it does it very very well, they are here when required to sort out what doesn't. We have the good fortune to get very preferential pricing of course which influences the choices, I grant that.

Do we have issues yes of course we do and do those issues require extra development effort yip they do but everything does anyway. We have yet to meet an issue we cannot resolve and we support every browser under the sun. Mobile devices of all sorts, email clients of all types and multiple operating systems from server to client.

Oh and from what I hear from my kids and their mates the only issue they have with XBOX 1 is the price. Not that it matters to them of course as I will be paying for it should they upgrade!! Well santa will deliver it of course!

Martin