[dba-Tech] MS Web apps real time coauthoring

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 26 12:42:41 CDT 2013

Hi Martin:

I was not comparing Office 365 to Google Docs, I was just discussing the
novelty of these multi-user packages. After watching a posted Microsoft
video claiming the creation of the new industry wide multi-users
capabilities, as a web developer, I know this to be not true. They may have
enhanced that technology but they were hardly the creator of it...I just
wanted to set the record straight.

As for who is using this capability, I care little. I am sure both MS and
Google have fine packages. For me I use either MS word or Libra Writer or a
cloud package, what ever is handy as they all work very well.

Right now Microsoft's and Google's office package each holds approximately
fifty percent of their Cloud market.

For me, personally, I still prefer the desktop purchase model as opposed to
the Cloud subscription model...but that may change.

Jim

PS Sent from your iPad and not your Surface tablet...traitor. ;-)