[dba-Tech] New Windows 8

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 27 16:26:18 CDT 2013

Hi Gustav:

Serious as a heart-attack.

For those of us who remember the "ME" OS and those recently who were knocked
off stride when Vista hit the shelves and that OS was pre-loaded on
virtually every new computer.

Clients are very gun-shy of Win8... If Microsoft adds too little or goes too
far, with an upgrade, they pay. Most users do not want to even think when
running an OS; hence the explosion of tablets and Smartphones.

Why do you think that an OS like Linux is not the main desktop OS?
Considering that it is faster, more secure, more reliable etc etc. It is all
about perception and perception is reality. Microsoft, has made the selling
of Win8, the largest and most expensive sales campaign in their history.
...Maybe it is the largest of such sales campaigns ever? I believe this was
all done to save an OS and a company.

I do not sell one OS over another to most who asks, especially if the
individuals are not developers or system support people. Over the years I
learned that anything that I sell I have to own and subsequently
support...regardless of any potential profit.