[dba-Tech] Wow, someone actually knows how to hire the right people

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 27 22:01:27 CDT 2013

For years there have been all sorts of theories on how to hire the right
programmer. Most if not all HR departments have subscribed to the above
mentioned "theories".

I am sure we have all suffered through such interviews where we were asked a
certain group of questions and if we passed we moved on the next set and so
on... Even Google and Microsoft have fallen victim to these bad hiring
practices. Below is an article that addresses the proper hiring methods,
after trashing much of the current HR wisdom:

http://techcrunch.com/2013/06/22/the-technical-interview-is-dead/