[dba-Tech] Back to 8

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 10:09:35 CST 2013

The version of the Business Objects reporting tool we are currently on
won't work properly with browsers newer than IE 8. We have had a few
users upgrade to IE 9 and they then can't run reports.

To revert back to IE 8 from IE 9 the solution is to just remove IE 9
using the standard uninstall programs function in Windows Vista or 7.

Instructions are here

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/how-do-i-install-or-uninstall-internet-explorer-9
<http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/how-do-i-install-or-uninstall-internet-explorer-9>

the gist if it is

----------------------
To uninstall Internet Explorer
The following instructions apply to both Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

1. Click the Start button , type Programs and Features in the search
box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.
2. Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.
3. Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then,
when prompted, click Yes.
4. Click one of the following:
- Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer
9 and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).
- Restart later

Guessing that the process would work the same for IE 10.

GK