[dba-Tech] Beating a dead horse?

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 6 19:22:03 CST 2013

Yes, we are probably beating a dead horse.

It seems to all the proponents of computer industry are giving Win8 a thumbs
down and they are relentless.

http://www.zdnet.com/five-reasons-why-windows-8-has-failed-7000012104/

My personal feeling is as soon as Microsoft can cut their bleeding and move
on with another more acceptable product the better it will be for the
company. I never thought I could ever feel sorry for Microsoft, even
slightly but I do...I can hardly stand to watch their Windows product lines
committing slow and an excruciating painful suicide in public. How very far
the great has fallen.

OTOH, who knows, maybe if MS sticks to the product long enough or re-markets
it there just might be a turn around but it will hardly be a rapid event.