[dba-Tech] international television

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 13:37:44 CDT 2013

For broadcasters, it is all about broadcast and distribution rights.

Take for an example, if FOX lets anyone from around the world watch
American Idol online, there is no reason for Global (here in Canada)
to pay huge sums of money to license the content for broadcast if we
can watch it on the web on FOX. So Global pays for the rights to
broadcast it on TV and online.

Geofencing is all about the money.

Bryan