[dba-Tech] A new compiled JavaScript?

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Tue Mar 19 19:42:40 CDT 2013

You quote that as if its a bad thing! After all, all languages and frameworks do that very thing to one extent or another. One could say the very same thing about even Assembler. If it lets you write smaller and more legible code without any serious downsides, I'm all for it.

Btw, I am not from the Ruby camp. :) (and it would be more accurate to reference the Rails camp, as Ruby and Ruby on Rails are different things for different people). I've used CoffeeScript very happily on projects across the board of web languages (PHP, Python/Django and Rails) and I'm hoping to shim it into my current PHP/Backbone.js project.

- Hans