[dba-Tech] Cloud sync application for everyone

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 26 12:15:53 CDT 2013

Hi All:

I have installed the application SDExplorer, from Microsoft but my username
and password, of almost twenty years as a subscriber to Technet does not
work anymore. I subsequently phoned Microsoft and asked what were the issues
and was told they are still trying to sort out start up problems and would
get back to me asap. That was two months ago and three calls later, from me
and always the same excuse but no return phone call or email.(?)

Anyway with a number of secure and not so secure, free or inexpensive Cloud
storage sources there are a few excellent work arounds.

I use Google Drive, Cubby, Dropbox and of course my favourite, UbuntuOne.
Dropbox is my largest remote cache with somewhere about 20GB (there are
benefits to getting in first and sharing with the family as it all adds up)
The other Cloud cache products are generally computer specific but the
UbuntuOne allows me to sync files from anywhere in the network.

Here is a link to an articles just posted from TechRepublic and it might
interest those of you who use Cloud storage:

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/five-apps/five-cloud-sync-apps-that-rise-ab
ove-the-rest/1775?tag=nl.e101&s_cid=e101&ttag=e101