[dba-Tech] Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 (was: Latest Linux kernel)

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Wed May 15 05:25:34 CDT 2013

 Hi Gustav and Jim and All --

And I'd add that Hyper-V technology is also available in MS Windows 8 Professional as Client Hyper-V ( http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh857623.aspx ).

Here are "5 excellent uses of Windows 8 Hyper-V"
http://www.infoworld.com/d/virtualization/5-excellent-uses-of-windows-8-hyper-v-208436

Using disk2vhd utility ( http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/ee656415.aspx ) I have got my old desktop system and old notebook system and their HDDs ported into virtual machines and VHDs and I'm running them now in Client Hyper-V when I need to get some legacy data/files, which I haven't migrated to my new system. I have also Ubuntu 12.04 LTS running under Client Hyper-V as well as Win7-64 and Win7-32 test VMs etc...

Thank you.

-- Shamil