[dba-Tech] Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 (was: Latest Linux kernel)

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Wed May 15 15:56:10 CDT 2013

 Hi Jim --

Actually I can run  simultaneously  only four VMs totaling 8GB of RAM + hosting Win8 Prof system with several Visual Studio instances and some other software: "bottle-neck" is RAM, CPU usage is usually less than 25%. I haven't used dynamic memory allocation per VM in VMs settings - I have just allocated fixed amount of RAM at start-up for each VM as I rarely need more than four VMs active and more than two VMs loaded with real processing work. Having allocated fixed memory at VM start-up should make  VMs running quicker I expect...

Yes, all that software runs on ASUS N76Vz laptop: i7/12GB RAM, 256GB SSD  system disk and 1TB "archive"/VHDs hosting HDD.

Thank you.

-- Shamil

Среда, 15 мая 2013, 9:05 -07:00 от "Jim Lawrence" <accessd at shaw.ca>:
>Hi Shamil:
>
>The server obviously does the trick and very well. Is this all running on your power laptop computer? How much capacity and performance does system take to allow you to manage all these virtual drives? Impressive to say the least.
>
>PS Time to update you Ubuntu to 13.04.
>
>Jim

<<< skipped >>>