[dba-Tech] FYI: Laptop Week Review: The Dell XPS 13 Developers Edition With Ubuntu :)

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue May 21 12:57:48 CDT 2013

Hi Shamil:

The only problem I see is with the hardware. Those Ultra books whether MAC
or in this case Dell are well over priced. I guess small, thin and light has
a real cost.

There are a number of small Linux vendors out there but they tend to be very
regionalized:

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/the-top-five-linux-desktop-vendors/931
3

This venture is the first time that a mainstream vendor has been selling
Linux based desktop/laptop products, not as an option, but as a default OS.