[dba-Tech] TIOBE Programming Community Index for May 2013

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Tue May 21 14:24:50 CDT 2013

 Hi Jim --

<<<
 good coding and the new generations of programming languages sort of
"handle(?)" inconsistencies,

Yes, "sort of" - but actually they don't - "there will be no miracles here"...

<<<
good technique does not ever have to be really learned.

Good techniques have to be learned - "there is no substitute for hard work"...

-- Shamil

Вторник, 21 мая 2013, 10:02 -07:00 от "Jim Lawrence" <accessd at shaw.ca>:
>Hi Shamil:
>
>Your attached article is very interesting and it hits upon a few points that
>have not really been addressed or completely resolved in either the CPU
>(multi-core) or in any kernel. It is also interesting that the software
>design used in our LAN cards may be a partial solution to these problems.
>
>On the other point of your post, I would say that I have been working with
>software, though built on C, has made few attempts to isolate "C"'s inherent
>weaknesses. One misnamed or misused variable/class/function or not running
>garbage collection in a timely manner and the package bails unceremonious to
>the desktop killing either the virtual drive or NTDVM in the process.
>
>I am of two minds on this programming position. It is a good lesson to have
>to learn how to properly program and be able to carefully manage your code
>but in today's world where getting immediate results is much more important
>than good coding and the new generations of programming languages sort of
>"handle(?)" inconsistencies, good technique does not ever have to be really
>learned.
>
>Even such browsers as IE, Chrome and FF bleeds everywhere and if you running
>internet testing all day, without restarting, these packages slowly keep
>eating all the memory, run slower and will probably crash the system if left
>long enough. Considering that browsers are the next desktop, to me it is a
>little sad.
>
>Jim

<<< skipped >>>