[dba-Tech] The walking dead

Peter Brawley peter.brawley at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 2 16:39:38 CDT 2013

On 2013-11-02 4:16 PM, Jim Lawrence wrote:
> Hi Peter:
>
> You wouldn't get any disagreement from me. That is how corporate makes money.
>
> There is no money in an already excepted standard.

Sure there is. Just less money than there is in making up new dishsoap
or software that looks better than the old stuff but isn't.

> If everyone just bought XP and never traded up, Microsoft would go broke in a right fast hurry

Don't agree, but they would have to restructure the company for
sustainability, and that's the bleeding point.

> ...this is the same for all other companies. I am the type that likes to fix what I have and carry on from there...but that is not the way it works....unfortunately.

This form of corporatism can't go on, it's destroying the planet,
democracy and civilisation all at once.

PB

------