[dba-Tech] FYI: ASP.NET 4.5.1 App Suspend – responsive shared .NET web hosting

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Thu Nov 28 04:02:21 CST 2013

 Hi Gustav --

Yes, I can rent a hosted MS Windows Server 2012 R2 VM from my provider. I haven't yet checked the prices but that promise to be too expensive for now: I guess it should be a dedicated physical box or a one with 50% of guaranteed processor (core) time otherwise getting VM "hot" out of sleeping state could take the same 4-5 seconds, which App Suspend feature gains.

-- Shamil

Thursday, November 28, 2013 10:47 AM +01:00 from "Gustav Brock" <gustav at cactus.dk>:
>Hi Shamil
>
>Yes. Not even our provider, who normally is quite fast to upgrade, has moved up from 2008.
>However, they have some servers running 2012, so if you ask ...
>
>/gustav

Салахетдинов Шамиль