[dba-Tech] ultimate win 8 nightmare

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Oct 8 12:33:56 CDT 2013

Hi Peter:

Wow that is very scary.

That is sort of like having a final solution button on your computer. A really great feature for the average user...not.

Did something similar with my wife's emails. Did a full backup of the data but forgot about the configuration files...actually didn't think such a thing would happen...live and learn. When the application was restarted the configuration was automatically reset and all the links, saved addresses and visual setting were gone.

Even after restoration, I will be in the dog house for a long while and this incident will never be forgotten.

I hope you can at least restore somethings. Keep us posted and if I find out anything I will post it as well.