[dba-Tech] Chip terminology

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sat Oct 19 06:12:54 CDT 2013

Most of them have 2,  a few newer ones have 4.

Cuurent:
http://www.intel.com/content/www/xr/en/processors/core/core-i5-processor.html
Previous:
http://www.intel.com/content/www/xr/en/processor-comparison/compare-intel-processors.htm
l (expand the i5 tab for a long list)

Hyperthreading is a way of emulating multiple cores  by running more than one concurrent
thread of execution on.each core.   So your i% can run two concurrent threads on each core
so that it looks to the OS as though you have 4 cores.