[dba-Tech] You've asked about MS Surface tablet - here it's :)

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Oct 25 13:19:28 CDT 2013

Hi Shamil:

If that is true, a new Windows from the ground up, there is real hope. I do not suspect that there will be great changes to the new Windows metro layout but the new version of the UI will have to be a lot more intuitional. If they 'borrow" some of the latest technologies to redeign and resecure the backend, that would go a long way to help the company regain lost ground.

Maybe a FreeBSD backend might be a excellent way to go, Mac sure likes it. A Microsoft has been one of the largest supporters (financial contributors) of Linux, over the last five years, so of course they could use a Debian distro and just charge for the UI. As Debian supports over a dozen CPUs and their associated chip sets, Windows would run on everything from cell phones to super computers, and everything in between, with comparative little or no effort. ;-)