[dba-Tech] OSS intranet/internet community collaboration

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Oct 26 16:07:41 CDT 2013

Hi All:

Here is a new product that will allow groups or businesses to collaborate on assembling projects. It has the features of SharePoint but goes far beyond that. The product has a huge number of components for just about every standard business project but also allows the client to use all of their existing applications.

It is known as Open Atrium as it totally OSS and runs on virtually all platforms...
http://bitnami.com/stack/openatrium/installer

<quote>
It is becoming increasingly important for organizations to not only collaborate with their internal teams, but with their partners and constituents, and this means going beyond adapting solutions for storing documents or a way to "follow" and "like" your coworkers. What our collaboration tools need is robust data security to help us control how information is shared between our constituents and information for our executives. Open Atrium 2 separates content from people, and that means that you can consistently make any information securely available (or not available) to any group of people, at any time.
</quote>

http://opensource.com/business/13/10/open-atrium-mobile-intranet-launch

http://openatrium.com

http://bitnami.com/stack/openatrium

Seeing the product is only around 60 MBs it can be installed on just about every system. This initially looks like a excellent product and well worth investigating and installing, in any size business.