[dba-Tech] The big change

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Mon Sep 9 18:40:48 CDT 2013

Disfortunately I don't have the real thing.  Still have a stupid phone and
no tablet.

However, B4A appears to be able to emulate a wide variety of devices.  So
that will suffice for the time being and I can maybe see the difference
among devices.

So now I'm wondering if you develop an app do you have to send different
versions of the app depending on the target device.

Meantime, our contract with Verizon has expired on 4 of the five lines on
our family plan and Pundit is asking for a smart phone so it may be time. Of
course the data pan is $40 per month per line so with taxes and fees we're
into another $1000 a year.  Right now between us we don't use 100 minutes a
month.

Of course I can develop for a long time with the emulator and upload to my
son's phone and tablet for beta testing.