[dba-Tech] Dire warnings

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 22 13:37:23 CDT 2013

Hi All:

I have been receiving warnings similar to the following link:

http://www.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/xp-nightmare-whitepaper.shtml?elq_mid=3168&elq_cid=848849&v=BCC1h_WP_Nightmare&ls=ENT_HL_MOB_XP_BCC1h&sf=701a0000000ewMV&ecid=CLENO000000848849&elq=0cc0db94d81b44ecbbfc35a10b2d2746

Where the above message came from is curious to me but there seems to be a number of such messages going out and they seem like just some scare tactic. Some of my client's have also been receiving them and they are all getting very concerned.

They can always move up to a later version of Windows but I have been assembling a Linux replacement build in-case the price is more than they want to pay. I just don't know which way to go on this but will have to play it by ear.

Any suggestions or comments will be great-fully accepted.