[dba-Tech] Printing from DOS to a networked Windows printer

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Sep 29 07:50:25 CDT 2013

Hi Arthur

Yes, wasn't it Altos computers who promoted CP/M a lot?
I mostly know it from the AVL Eagle which my company at that time (1978) had the dealership for.
It came with 16K ram which could be expanded to 64K by inserting fullsize expansion boards of 16 K each at a small fortune.
It was built to program multimedia slideshows ("multimedia extravaganzas" as the US guys called it if the the count of projectors were 15+ or so) but also ran WordStar with all its ..codes.

/gustav

>>> fuller.artful at gmail.com 29-09-13 14:32 >>>
Hey Gustav. I still remember CP/M. DOS was the new pooch in town, and the
attendant stories about Bill and Seattle Computer Products and the best $50
ever spent, and Gary Kildall and his missed appointment with the IBM execsn
who wanted to buy CP/M bla bla bla.

Arthur