[dba-Tech] MariaDB 10

Peter Brawley peter.brawley at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 1 23:36:25 CDT 2014

On 2014-04-01 5:23 PM, Jim Lawrence wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> New developments: SQL and NoSQL come together with new MariaDB Enterprise offerings. Much like what Microsoft is trying to do by allowing links to such distributive layers like Hadoop, MariaDB enterprise version will allow a direct connection to NOSQL database Cassandra. The ease of a SQL DB and the clustered data capabilities of a Map Reduce DB,
>
> http://www.infoworld.com/d/data-management/sql-and-nosql-come-together-new-mariadb-enterprise-offerings-239501
>
> It would appear that MariaDB is leaving MySQL far behind.

MariaDB *is *MySQL, ie a fork of it. I guess you mean to say Monty is
leaving Oracle behind. Before he accomplishes that, MariaDB has to
produce a production quality release of version 10, a usable manual, a
set of support fora, and enough incentives for big numbers of users to
migrate from Oracle MySQL.

PB

-----