[dba-Tech] Cloud prices are (have) coming down

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Wed Apr 2 17:56:12 CDT 2014

 Hi Jim --

Thank you, but I have already got DigitalOcean droplet hosted using $5/month plan. (Pity your promo code can't be used now :( )

> DigitalOcean uses a TB broadband connection which will allow many users to simultaneously access your Cloud content.
I have got Mean stack activated - here is my default demo app:

http://188.226.192.87:3000/

I have connected to my VPS using PuTTY and then I have typed two shell commands:

cd /opt/mean
grunt

to start node.js with sample express (framework) web site from /opt/mean folder (and mongodb backend).
Not sure if it will continue running if I will get my dev PC offline.

Do you know what Linux start-up command should I use to have this sample web site started on VPS reboot and running in unattended mode?
As far as I have found I can edit crontab file from /etc folder but adding to it

@reboot cd /opt/mean
@reboot grunt

and rebooting didn't work for me. Do you know what edits should I do in crontab to get my sample web site started in unattended mode on reboot?

Thank you.

-- Shamil

Wed, 2 Apr 2014 16:19:42 -0600 (MDT) from Jim Lawrence <accessd at shaw.ca>:
>Hi Shamil:
>
>If you do decide to go the DigialOcean route, use the promo code "unpluggedapril" and you will get a $10.00 credit which, if you had chosen the $5.00 entry level option, would give you another two months for free. :-)
>
>Additional note; DigitalOcean uses a TB broadband connection which will allow many users to simultaneously access your Cloud content.
>
>Jim

<<< skipped >>>