[dba-Tech] Docker(.io), Bowery(.io), Digital Ocean - how can I combine all that hosting/dev tools for custom apps development/deployment...

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Thu Apr 3 02:46:51 CDT 2014

 Hi All --

Docker (http://docker.io), Bowery (http://bowery.io) and DigitalOcean ( https://www.digitalocean.com/ ) - I still can't get how they can be combined for custom apps development/deployment?

Let's say I have an app with the following deployment architecture (please correct me if you find such an app architecture is looking somehow incorrect/wrong):

- (1) production DB MySql/MariaDB is running/hosted on LAMP stack and is available for the outer world via REST API developed using Python;
- (2) front-end web site is running/hosted on MEAN stack and is developed using node.js (with Express framework) with (1) backend and local MongoDB keeping cached docs and reports;
- (3) documentation/blogs/news web site is developed using WordPress and having its own MySQL/MariaDB back-end to keep documentation/blogs/news articles as well as communicating with (1) ;

?

Thank you.

--
Салахетдинов Шамиль